How Well Do You Really Know Jeff Radford? Circle the correct answer. There are 12 questions. CLICK HERE FOR ANSWERS
1. Jeff's true first name is: a. Kenneth b. Josiah c. William d. Carter
2. Jeff interviewed which dictator? a. Hugo Chavez b. Vladimir Putin c. Bashar al-Assad d. Idi Amin
3. Jeff thought he might have some immunity to Covid because: a. While traveling in Venezuela, Jeff would sleep in a hammock, and bats, possible source of the virus, would nestle in his armpits. b. He was exposed to a serious viral disease when he attended a conference in Thailand. c. He played the part of a guinea pig in a study of tropical viral diseases in the 1970s. d. He consumes large quantities of Vitamin C.
4. As a result of Jeff’s experience with the Guarao Indians and the Buganda Tribe in Uganda, a specific provision in Jeff’s will leaves which of the following to his son, Ben: a. A shrunken head b. A massive collection of tribal baskets c. His own skull d. An island in Lake Nabugabo, Uganda
5. Jeff a. Is a Fulbright Scholar b. Is a Rhodes Scholar c. Holds a Master’s Degree in Communications d. Eschewed advanced education in favor of empirical learning, that is, learning through direct investigation.
6. Jeff once hitchhiked through South Africa’s Great Karoo Desert in order to: a. Test his survival skills. b. Avoid surveillance by Apartheid police. c. Learn more about the native population d. Get where he needed to be after his motorcycle was stolen.
7. Jeff once worked for: a. Mother Earth News b. United Press International c. Associated Press d. Rolling Stone Magazine
8. Jeff co-founded an off-campus magazine while at Syracuse University. The magazine was called: a. The Syracuse Monitor b. The Sword of Damocles c. University Discourse d. The Megaphone
9. Jeff is known for his strong interest in environmental issues. Which of the following was he involved in? a. Preservation of the Atchafalaya Basin in Louisiana b. Establishment of the Chaco Canyon World Heritage Site c. Development of core curriculum for environmental studies at Universidad Central de Venezuela. d. Prevention of strip mining on Navajo lands near Shiprock
10. Jeff is known among his friends for: a. Playing volleyball on Brazilian beaches in a Speedo bathing suit b. Salsa dancing c. Gourmet cooking, particularly Latin dishes d. Camel racing
11. Jeff worked for the Albuquerque News in the late 1970s. A group of reporters, Dede Feldman, Arturo Sandoval, Bob Klein and Jeff used to meet for lunch and called themselves: a. The Bolivar Brigade b. La Cucaracha Social Club c. The Flying Burritos d. The Che Guevara Comrades
12. Jeff hosted a volleyball game on his 60th birthday. The game was played at what location: a. beach near Sao Paulo, Brazil b. his backyard c. the top of Cabezon peak d. beach on the Rio Grande