By Meredith Hughes
Anticipating rummaging through the bins of free pine branches removed from Christmas trees at Lowes! (The mantle is empty.) And, Ace Hardware began playing Christmas carols before Thanksgiving, but now, okay, anything goes.
Do visit the websites of your favorite museums, galleries and organizations to check opening times and any new regulations. Published the first issue of the month, What’s On? invites suggestions one week before the publication date. email@example.com
- Holiday Fair and Plant Sale, December 4, 9 a.m. Over 40 vendors. Albuquerque Garden Center, 10120 Lomas.
- A Very Jazzy Christmas with the Band of Enchantment, December 5, 3 p.m. An afternoon of swinging Christmas favorites featuring Albuquerque’s own Ryan Montaño on trumpet and Amy Faithe on vocals. Purchase tickets at https://rbmusic.ticketleap.com/jazzy-christmas/ African American Performing Arts Center, 310 San Pedro.
- Hanukkah Together, via Nahalat Shalom, through December 5 via Zoom. Register at http://www.hanukkahtogether.org/. Plus, Community Klezmer Band Rehearsal in Sanctuary and on Zoom, 3 to 5 p.m., ID: 711 037 7431. Passcode: KLEZ
- Santa Fe Symphony: Christmas Treasures, December 12, 4 p.m. Its annual Christmas Pops concert with holiday favorites such as excerpts from Tchaikovsky’s Suite from The Nutcracker, Anderson’s Sleigh Ride, and Berlin’s White Christmas. The Lensic, 211 West San Francisco.
- Trolley of Lights, December 15-23, weekly, at 6 and 8 p.m. The Trolley of Lights departs from Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, and tours last approximately 75 minutes. See http://www.tourabq. com/abqtrolley
- Open Space art show, up through December 18, is ‘New Mexico Light,’ a collaborative show featuring The High Desert Tapestry Alliance and the Tapestry Artists of Las Arañas, two groups made up of tapestry artists. The Center is now open to the public Tuesday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Open Space Visitors Center, 6500 Coors.
- Santa’s Workshop Fiasco Escape Room, December 18-21. Time is ticking and it’s almost time to pack up the sleigh and leave to deliver presents to all the children of the world. You have 60 minutes to free Santa. For ages 10 and up. Registration is required. 505 857-8321 Each session is limited to 6. Cherry Hills Library, 6901 Barstow.
- River of Lights, through December 30, other than December 24, 25. The Biopark Botanic Garden is bedecked again. A fundraiser since 1997! Timed tickets are sold online. https://river oflights.org/
Did You Know?
COVID protocols have deeply affected Music in Corrales, which announced it has “significantly limited ticket sales to allow audience members to distance themselves from each other. Ticket sales for all indoor concerts are currently suspended.” This new plan begins with the December 11 performance by Crys Matthews, blues singer/songwriter, at 7:30 p.m., and runs through the last concert of the season with NOVA Guitar Duo, scheduled for April 23.
President Lance Osier posted that “If at some point we can safely increase the seating, we will re-open ticket sales, so please check back periodically for availability.”
“Proof of full vaccination against Covid, or proof of a negative Covid test within 72 hours prior to the concert will be required for admission. And masks must be worn at all times while within the Old Church.
“If you have purchased tickets to any Music in Corrales concert scheduled for the Old Church and cannot comply with these requirements, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will refund the cost of your tickets.”
- Starlight Parade with St Nick, December 4, 5:30 p.m. From Wagner’s parking lot to the Rec Center.
- Tree Preservation Advisory Committee, December 6, 4 p.m.
- Holly Daze Online Auction, via Corrales Main Street, through December 12, at 5 p.m. Participate in the auction here: https://tinyurl.com/2p96xaut. Quilts, cooking class with Jane Butel, restaurant meals, NM artsy license plates and more.
- Village Council meeting, December 14, 6:30 p.m., still posted as via Zoom.
- Casa San Ysidro is closed in December and January.
- Planning and Zoning meeting, December 15, 6:30 p.m., apparently in person.
- 33rd annual Winter Craft Show, through December 5, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free admission. Via the Corrales Historical Society. Old Church.
- Corrales Library Book Club, December 27, 2:30 p.m. Author series, December 28, 7 p.m. Please contact Sandra Baldonado for Zoom event details. email@example.com.
- Music in Corrales has a new system in place, thanks to COVID19 caution. See “Did You Know?’
- Corrales Growers’ Market. Sundays, December 5, 19, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. January 2, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.