By Meredith Hughes
Here are brief updates, links and information we think may be of value during this period of closures.. Some of this is perhaps well known by now, some not. We keep updating this information.
Note that up-to-date information on businesses is likely to appear on their social media pages, rather than on their websites.
Health and safety
• Overview from the Office of the Governor: http://www.newmexico.gov
If you need help: http://www.newmexico.gov/i-need-assistance
• Coronavirus health hotline: 1-855-600-3453
• Coronavirus information hotline: 1-833-551-0518
• Covid-19 cases in New Mexico: http://www.cv.nmhealth.org
• New: Data site for New Mexico info by zip code: cvprovider.nmhealth.org/ public-dashboard.html
• Sandoval County info: http://www.sandovalcountynm.gov/covid19-information
• Village of Corrales: http://www.corrales-nm.org/clerk/page/village-corrales-taking-precautionary-measures-prevent-spread-covid-19
• Village in the Village: Contact the Call Manager, 274-6206.
Want to donate blood? Call 877-258-4825 or go to vitalant.org, a non profit blood supplier.
• PNM Good Neighbor Fund: PNM announced it would help pay electric bills for New Mexico customers who now find their household suddenly falls into a low-income status after their employer cut their hours or closed the doors due to COVID-19. Up to $150. Call provider at 967-8045.
Stay in touch with your neighbors via nextdoor.com.
• Corrales Parks and Rec Center reports it has “temporarily suspended our 2020 Swim Season Registration, which would normally have begun May 1.” All are hopeful there will be a summer swim season.
Businesses in or near Corrales
Food and drink, sundries
• Perea’s. Updated 4/20. Open for take-out orders Thursday, Friday and Saturday only, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 898-2442 or call John at 239-8440.
• Indigo Crow. Updated 4/18. Limited takeout or delivery within Corrales. New dinner menu is posted online each week and may be picked up from 3 to 8 p.m. indigocrowcafe.net, 898-7000.
• Casa Vieja Event Center and Brewery. Updated 4/18. Buy growlers, wine, for pickup by calling Maria at 363-5176. Buy gift cards: casaviejabrewery.com/
• Corrales Bistro Brewery. Updated 5/2 New menu here: cbbistro.com/ lunch-dinner/ Available for takeout/delivery from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. cbbistro.com 897-1036. “Going relatively well.”
• Village Pizza. Updated 4/18. Open at 11 a.m., ready for drive-thru takeout at noon. villagepizzanm.com 898-0045. Recently thanked locals: “We are working very hard to get the drive thru lanes perfected at the Corrales location, thank you for your patience as we navigate how to be take out only when we were not designed for it!”
• Flying Star. Updated 5/2. Walk-in, call in and online orders. Current promotion of roasted coffee from Satellite. “For for every pound we sell at $9.95, we’re donating $1 to the NMRA’s Serving NM Fund to help local hospitality workers that have been impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.” Offer extended through end of May. 8 to 8 daily. flyingstarcafe.com. Also via DoorDash, or the Flying Star app. 938-4717.
• Frontier Mart. Updated 4/18.Now under the new ownership of Elizabeth and Gabe Holguin, as the Waszaks settle into retirement. Open with adjusted hours, weekdays 6 a.m.-8 p.m. and weekends 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. 898-0311. Check the website for the latest: http://www.frontiermart.com
• The Westside La Montanita Co-Op has closed permanently.
• Hannah & Nate’s. Updated 4/18. Orders to go. 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., weekends 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The proceeds are going to their employees. 898-2370.
• Candlestick Coffee Roasters. Updated 4/18. 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily except Tuesday. ExNovo Brewery is now selling Candlestick Coffee Beans, along with its brews. As is SilverLeafFarmStand. Order by phone and Zack will bring your items out to you. Free delivery in Corrales. Call 720-557-0364 or order off their website, http://www.candlestickcoffee.com.
• Las Ristras. Updated 5/2. Appears to be closed. 433-4192.
• ExNovo. Updated 5/2. Package sales, 12-6 p.m. daily. “There’s a monster line right now!” Candlestick Coffee Beans, too. Call to order and for curbside pickup. 508-0547.
• Acequia Winery. Package sales only. Call 264-1656.
• Pasando Tiempo Winery. Updated 4/18. “We will be offering Curbside Pick up on all purchases of bottles/cases of wine. In addition we would like to offer our customers a 20 percent discount on all bottles.” Call ahead and they will bring your order out to you. 228-0154
• Milagro Winery. Updated 4/18. Order wines for pickup via new web presence, milagrofarmstand.com. And also, in collaboration with Silver Leaf Farms, you can order veggies, bread, cheese, local jams and coffees at silverleaffarmstand.com, and pick them up here Thursdays, from noon to 6 p.m. As well as package sales then, and during the week. Call ahead and they will bring it out to you. 463-8453.
• Corrales Winery. Updated 4/18. Package sales only, Saturday and Sunday 12-5 p.m. New: 10 percent off six or more bottles. Call 239-1496 to place an order.
• The Range Cafe. Updated 5/2. On Coors. All Range restaurants closed since March 29 are now open for carry-out and/or delivery. Every day from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. rangecafe.com 835-5495.
• Whispering Bean. Updated 5/2. Near Sprouts. Open from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Closed Sundays. Customers walk in, place the order, and walk out with same. No sitting down. You can order their fresh beans online, http://www.whisperingbean.com/coffee. 697-9919.
• The Village Mercantile. Updated 4/18 . Open, with hours from 8:30 to 5:30 during the week, Sundays 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. You may also call 897-9328 to place your order, give credit card over the phone, allow them 20-30 minutes to get it together, call when you arrive and they will bring it to your vehicle. For plants and seeds, without entering the store, look around the outside garden area, make a list, leave it on a table near the door. Call from your car to finish the deal. New: Five items delivered within five miles, for $5. Other deliveries at varying prices. To keep up with the latest, visit: http://www.tinyurl.com/yb7v34gl.
• Red Paint Studio. Updated 4/18. Artist Laura Balombini is moving in early June, after three years at her Corrales Road location. Moving sales of art are underway. Call her at 207-266-9634, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Whimsy. Closed.
• Corrales Hemporium. Updated 4/18. Wednesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 898-5252. They will deliver within five miles of the store.
• Thrive Chiropractic. By appointment only. 775-343-5350 or email email@example.com.
• Just for Looks and Hair Expose by Martha. Updated 5/2. Closed since March 17. Gail Horan thinks it unlikely they will reopen until mid-June, if then.
• EtCetera. email them at et.cetera@ comcast.net
• Frame-n-Art. Updated 4/18. Closed. But if you truly must get a project framed, you can call 898-0660 to make an appointment.
• Secondhand Treasures. Closed.
• Quilts Ole. Updated 5/2. Now doing curbside. Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, 10a.m. to 4 p.m. Some members have been making and distributing Covid-19 masks. 890-9416.
• Prized Possessions. Closed. Possibly available by appointment. 899-4800.
• Strat Academy. Open to current students only.
• Chocolate Turtle B&B. Open. 898-1800.
• Casa Perea Art Space/ Pachamama. Closed.
• Morningstar B&B. Open. 322-2177.
• Corazon de Corrales B&B. Open. 891-4408.
• Sandhill Crane B&B. Open. 898-2445.
• SW Therapy & Rehab. Updated. Closed. You can buy some of their products on Ebay, http://www.ebay.com/str/swtherapy.
• Saumya Ayurveda. Updated 4/18. Book a virtual consultation by phone. 612-743-4289. Online videos via Facebook page.
• Corrales Pharmacy. Open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 897-3784.
• Corrales Chiropractic. Updated 4/18. Open by appointment. Book here: tinyurl.com/y9hb7by5 or call 738-6897.
• Ideum. The Governor’s Office has verified that Ideum's hardware fabrication operations are considered essential services. Its multi-touch tables and displays are used by many government agencies, all branches of the US military, national laboratories, municipalities, and first responders. In addition, numerous other businesses considered essential by the State of New Mexico, such as the company’s customers in transportation, utilities, and medicine and research, rely on Ideum hardware. ideum.com/news/updated-message-from-ideum-covid-19.
• Wild Birds Unlimited, Near Sprouts on Corrales Road, and open now from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and closed Sundays. Place your order with your credit card by calling 717-1385. You may also order online at order.wbu. com/westalbuquerque. Call again when you arrive, and they will bring your order to your car and place it in the trunk. The store also is happy to deliver your order directly to your front door within a 15-mile radius.
Check online, as many stores are adjusting their policies
Instacart, at instacart.com, offers online ordering and home delivery for the following area businesses: Sprouts, Smith’s, Albertson’s, Costco, CVS Pharmacy, Natural Grocers, Sam’s Club and Petco.
• Trader Joe’s first hour of business is for seniors only. Daily, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Natural Grocers is open for seniors Sundays, 9 to 10 a.m. Daily 9 a.m. to 7:05 p.m.
• Albertsons, open for seniors until 9 a.m., Monday and Thursday. Daily 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Whole Foods delivers, via Amazon Prime. Stores open 8 to 8 daily, with seniors welcome at 7 a.m.
• Sprouts. Updated 5/2. Daily, now 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. No Senior hours.
• Smith’s. Updated 5/2. 8 to 8 daily.Senior hours, 7 to 8 a.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday.